Sunday, January 17, 2010

Unix Tape Backup How Can I Access A Unix Tar Tape On My SCSI DAT Drive On My Windows PC?

How can I access a Unix tar tape on my SCSI DAT drive on my Windows PC? - unix tape backup

I tar files that were created on a Unix workstation that I want to access from my PC. I have a SCSI DAT (Archive Python 28388-XXX) on my PC, but the software I do not recognize on my computer (Win98), the format of the backup of Windows. I tried DATman99 but in RAW mode reading block I need to know in advance how many blocks are in a tar file, and I see no direct way to determine that the information I have.

I tried to start a "live" Linux (Knoppix), but not see, right on my SCSI hard drive. I am familiar with HP-UX and the driver of the "Stape" but can not find the equivalent in the Knoppix distribution.

I prefer free / open source solutions, but would have to pay to secure an acceptable solution that can transfer files sought.

Thank you in advance for your time!

1 comment:

uttorans... said...

which could be easily accessible.

Post a Comment